Today we’re talking Beer Can Chicken! Whole birds (chickens) are easy on the wallet and can feed 4-6 people. You can also keep the carcass and make bone broth the next day!
The traditional way to cook beer can chicken, is of course, with a can of beer. However, if you don’t drink beer, you can substitute this with any canned beverage. Feel free to experiment!
Here's the process:
- Season the bird
- Preheat your grill/smoker to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit)
- Get a can of beer, pour out (or drink) a little bit
- Stand the chicken up by placing the beer can up the cavity of the bird
- Place the chicken on the grill/smoker (indirect heat)
- Cook until the thickest part of the thigh reaches 165 degrees (1-1.5 hours)
- Remove from the grill and let rest at least 15 minutes